Thursday, January 21, 2016

Raiding! With Lisia!

It occurred to me a little while ago that I spend a lot of time playing World of Warcraft (some might say an inordinate amount of time), but I don't really talk about it anywhere. Since, as anyone who knows me can testify, I talk a whole lot, I decided to blog about this little hobby of mine.

Thus was born Raiding With Lisia, which is a pun on the Raiding With Leashes achievements in WoW. At least it is if you're pronouncing Lisia correctly. Say it with me: LEEsha. Not LISSeeah, not LissEEah, but LEEsha. There we go.

In case you're wondering, Lisia is an alternate spelling of the Irish Gaelic name Laoise (pronounced the same way), meaning "light". Most of my WoW elves have Gaelic names, just cuz.

I suppose I hesitated in starting this blog mostly because, while I do raid and have for a while, I suffer from a bit of impostor syndrome. I'm not what you'd call hardcore, although I'd also say I'm a step or two up from casual. As of this writing, I haven't yet gotten my Grove Warden mount, which I refuse to do in a carry group. Given all the really kick-ass raiders out there, I guess I've been a little intimidated to speak my piece.

But then I realized that actually, I'm pretty good, and I'm in fact set to get my moose in a week or two, and possibly even the mythic mount eventually. And there are lots of people who aren't as far along as that who are viewed as having very valid opinions on raiding and such. So I can claim my voce too.

So let me introduce you to Lisia, my main and in fact my very first toon. She's a night elf hunter with a penchant for armorkinis, and I've been playing her since 2008, first as Survival, and currently mostly as Beastmaster. Currently she's finishing up Heroic Hellfire Citadel (12/13) with a group mostly consisting of members of the guild The Indelibles on US/Ravenholdt (along with other friends from other guilds and servers).

I don't actually play on that realm; my main server is US/Blackwater Raiders - Shadow Council, where I have about 15 toons total, mostly Alliance, some Horde. I have 9 100s, mostly on that shared realm with one on US/Mal'ganis. And boy do they keep me busy.

Besides Lisia, the toon I probably play the most is Brenainne, a resto/feral druid. I am immensely proud of the fact that, although I never played a healer until a few months ago, I am able to keep up and even get quite a few compliments in groups. She's not quite as well geared as Lisia, but I do raid with her in my guild, Kingdom of Light, which is currently 11/13 Normal HFC.

I'd just like to pause here to shout out to my guild. I have been raiding with them off and on since Cataclysm, which is when I first got into raiding. I belonged to another guild at the time, but my husband and I made the jump to KoL about a year ago, and we are very happy there. I say without reservation that it's the best guild I've ever belonged to and is a big part of why I stay on this server.

So that's me and my two main toons. I'm going to stop for now, but in my next post, I'll go a bit deeper into my raiding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment